The BCS Green IT Specialist Group will be running two different competitions for Universities, Higher and Further Educational Establishments in 2011, open to BCS and non-BCS members.
Entries are invited from individuals or groups of students at all levels of study: postgraduate, undergraduate or in further education, whether in full-time or part-time study.
The theme is the “innovative use of redundant IT equipment for another purpose”;
- For the Technical Innovation Competition, please submit a two page description of your proposed use of redundant equipment for alternative technical purposes.
- For the Art and Design Competition, please submit a one page description of your artefact or design, such as a statue, a collage or fashion accessories, incorporating or on the theme of, the use of redundant ICT equipment together with URL(s) to wherever photo(s) or other supporting media reside.
- Closing date: Tuesday 31 May 2011
- Entry: to be made to the competition page on the Green IT SG web site via the nominated single point of contact, normally a lecturer, at your educational establishment, (a limit on the number of educational establishment will be imposed)
- Each establishment may submit up to 5 entries for each competition; it is left to the points of contact to sift down to this limit, if more than 5 entries are submitted to them
- The language should be English
- Full details will be available on the Green IT SG web site in January 2011, and the email addresses for questions etc from the points of contact will be available in January, being GreenITArtcomp@bcs.org for the Art and Design competition and for GreenITTechInnovcomp@bcs.org for the Technical Innovation Competition.
- Sponsors include Carbon3IT Ltd
Further details can be found at the following link http://www.bcs.org/category/14826?src=ebcs