We have moved!
You will be redirected in 10 seconds to our new website. Please update your bookmarks!
Please click here if you are not redirected after 10 seconds
Welcome to ITALICS, Innovation in Teaching And Learning in Information and Computer Sciences, the electronic journal of the Higher Education Academy Subject Centre for Information and Computer Sciences (ICS). ITALICS provides a vehicle for members of the ICS communities to disseminate best practice and research on learning and teaching within the subject disciplines.
ITALICS aims to highlight current issues in learning and teaching Information and Computer Sciences at the Higher Education (HE) level including:
- Innovative approaches to learning and teaching
- Developments in computer-based learning and assessment
- Open, distance, collaborative and independant learning approaches
- The variety of contexts in which students in HE learn -
- Including work-based learning, placements and study visits
- Improving the student experience
- Continuous professional development
- The integration of theory and practice
There will be three issues of ITALICS each year, published in February, June and November. The journal will include:
- An editorial
- Peer reviewed papers
- Book reviews
Themed issues will be produced at least once a year and there will be opportunities for guest editors to take the helm. If you are interested in contributing to a themed issue or becoming a guest editor for ITALICS, please see our current Call For Papers.
All papers submitted to ITALICS will be subject to rigorous review by appropriate specialists. The key criteria for acceptance will be:
- Originality and quality of content
- The appropriateness of subject matter
- The appropriateness of the length and preparation
For further information and guidance regarding submissions please see the Submission Guidelines.